I've been using this machine for 5 weeks before writing this review so that I could compare it to the machine I had already and then to the doctor's standards as I had an appointment regarding my hypertension.
I'm delighted to have found a monitor which is A) portable enough to use on a daily basis (as I've needed to do at the request of the doctor) and B) accurate enough to gauge where my blood pressure is at.
Let's look at some of the other features:
- Portable, accurate, and simple-to-use with clinically proven technology.
- New MWI (Measure While Inflate) technology automatically inflates to the appropriate level (no adjustments required) while reducing measurement time.
- Stores 180 blood pressure readings (90 x 2 users) with date and time recordings.
- Automatic Irregular heartbeat (Arrhythmia) detection and WHO Hypertension Indicator.
- Push-button access to Average blood pressure calculation.
A wrist monitor is sometimes not as accurate as the machines with an upper arm cuff, however, when I paired it up with my existing machine and the doctor's, it was indeed very accurate.
The fact that it comes in a really handy, compact box means that it can easily be carried with me if necessary or stored away in the drawer using much less space than my original machine.
The only tip I have, would be to purchase some Duracell batteries (or other long life) the cheaper ones don't last very long due to the nature of the machine use. Having said that, if you're only going to monitor every few weeks, it probably isn't as much of an issue as me using it daily (at least once) for 4 weeks.
Overall, it's a brilliant product and currently at a massively discounted rate. So, if you're worried about hypertension - or looking for a new/replacement monitor - then this is really worth checking out.
As ever, I let the kids have a play with the product - nothing is sacred in this house, so everything must be durable!